Welcome, Guest     Sign in
cars logo

2199 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-03-09 14:51:55

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    Mounir
    2016-03-08 09:38:06
    Hi,
    I just had my elite yesterday and just have the cars name without logo , any clue?
    Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-03-09 08:52:40 (Reply to:Mounir)

This is what it's supposed to be, we are using descriptive logos.

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    Mounir
    2016-03-09 11:37:39 (Reply to:Autel Support)
    Thanks for your reply,
    I have another problem regarding programming, when I try to program a new key as
    example it didn't work, it doesn't offer the on-screen instructions like what been said in
    manual. I've tried to enter programming for any unit it doesn't even offer the icon for
    that.
    Trials been made on GMC 2010 and Mitsubishi 2009
    Please advice

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-03-09 14:51:55 (Reply to:Mounir)

The only tablet based programming available off the tablet these days is some for BMW and Mercedes . Everything else is by paid OE subscription using the Pro or Elite's  J2534 VCI off a Windows laptop using  OE program.
      Several years ago when the Pro first came out, like the Maxidas ,it  briefly had all the factory logos. Both tools posessed thinly veiled OE software, and The Pro offered some Tablet programming capability for Gm and may have had or was ready to add Ford, but since these companies have brand new car factories building stuff in China and and have clout now with government officials . It's not legal anymore to wholesale copy the Western Companies software any longer now that they are in China. One time it used to be seen as Patriotic thing to do is copy technology for pennies on the dollar with limited R&D except for changes to improve product if the end result is that product is cheaper to produce and even work better than OE. Yes it pissed Ford off LOL, and other's threatened to join, so Software changes and compromise is inevitable.The scanner is still a great tool for the money.
      Some have argued that the last couple years of updates have diminished some functionality as Autel must be careful and can no longer just wholesale copy OE software. Engineers now   somehow need to rehash things to still  work the same but appear to look different and may need to temporarily remove certain functions to hash out licensing and legalities with OE's if possible before alleged missing functions return or broken ones work one again. 
  Total1 Pages